An effective leader works with the pastor and others so that the congregation will provide opportunities for worship celebrations that focus on God and help people of all ages grow in their understanding of the gospel and become better equipped for daily living as faithful disciples.
Spiritual Gifts and Qualifications Helpful for the Job
- This ministry coordinator benefits from having one or more of these spiritual gifts: servanthood, teaching, exhortation (encouragement), leadership, wisdom, knowledge, faith, discernment, administration, evangelism, and shepherding.
- This leader should show evidence of passion for worshiping God and helping others worship through music, liturgy, and in personal and community practices.
- This leader shows evidence of growing discipleship.
- Useful skills for this position are the ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages, interest in a wide range of worship experiences, interest in music and other worship-related arts, skills for researching worship issues and sensitivity both to what makes worship effective and ways people relate to God.
- This leader will learn both about worship and about the people in the congregation and community to help plan worship appropriate to the congregation’s gifts and needs. This leader needs to be open to both a variety of worship styles and to the congregation’s traditions. This leader will also be responsible for ensuring that all copyright laws are followed.
- This leader will work with the pastor and other leaders in planning worship. The coordinator will provide support for worship by identifying, training, and supporting worship leaders such as, artists, video projection, and others.
- This leader will be familiar with, or become familiar with, United Methodist resources, facilitate their use, and will be able to recommend appropriate resources for educating all age levels and faith stages about worship life.
- This leader will promote and foster regular individual and family worship and spiritual formation.
- This leader will work with other ministry leaders so that worship celebrates the whole life of the congregation and community.
One weekly worship service (6 Sundays off per year)
Occasional Holiday services (To be determined by leadership, ex: Christmas)
Weekly Worship Team practice
Other time as needed to plan music, develop leaders, etc.
$5,200 annual pay
Please contact Christine Cappetta for further information